The Reading Continues

Book # 25 of 2010 is...
The Grapes of Wrath
by John Steinbeck
I've never read this book before, which is pretty amazing because I majored in American Literature in college.  It has been one that I have always MEANT to read, but it was never required and so it just never happened...until now!  I feel like it is sort of cheating to say that I read it because I listened to this book "on tape" (CD really) and because I listened to in in the car it was a fast "read."  I like "reading" heavy books this way because it doesn't use up any of my reading time.  Does that make sense?  I'm driving in the car a certain amount of time anyway and so I get to "read" useful books with my wasted driving time.  Grapes of Wrath IS a useful book!  Don't smirk.  It is a book that every Californian should have in their repertoire because of the historical narrative that it tells.  It is a beautifully written and moving book.  John Steinbeck is a master at storytelling. 

No comments: