A Simpler Time


Book #3 of 2011 is...
The Happy Hollisters by Jerry West

I love to read books that remind me of a time when life was simpler.  I love being transported to a place where kids can ride their bikes to the ice cream shop and where parents give their kids warm milk and cookies before bed.  I love PRETENDING that I actually live in a time like that...and because of this I love to read my collection of Happy Hollisters books.  I wanted a simple read this week where I could forget for a few hours about the crisis in Egypt, the state budget in California, and the report cards that are due at work.  So I dug out the original Happy Hollisters book, curled up with a mug of warm milk (don't be grossed out, it is TOTALLY good with a swirl of cinnamon sugar in it...think latte) and lost myself in their world.  This is a great book and series if you ever need to be reminded of 1950's America at it's best.

No comments: