Thankful Girl

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it
is like wrapping a present and not giving it"
-William Arthur Ward

This Thanksgiving I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by Matt's wonderful family and I was reminded how truly lucky I am. God really does fulfill all my needs and He purposefully puts people into my life. I wanted this year to really express my thanks for the people who have meant so much to me, so I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving making Matt's Grandma O's Gingersnap Cookie recipe and sending it out to the people who words just aren't enough for. This fantastic cookie tastes like the holidays to me and so I am posting the recipe for anyone who wants it as a THANK YOU to my blog readers.
Grandma O's Gingersnaps
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup shortening (don't use butter)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
  • Cream molasses, shortening, and sugar together.
  • Add egg and dry ingredients. Mix and roll into small balls.
  • Roll in sugar. Bake 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to Grandma O. How proud and happy she must be to know that her recipe is being carried down to the future generations.

Anonymous said...

The swedish name for these cookies is Pepparkar. Do you remember reading Pippi Longstocking stories when you were little? Pippi made Pepparkar Ginger snap cookies on the Kitchen floor because the counter was too small. Thanks for the memory.